Wednesday, April 30, 2008

...bored....bored.....

Ashley here.....I suppose that is a *Duh*. Bryan is anything but bored these days with all the things we still had/have to get done before the rascal gets here. I can't tell you how amazing my husband has been these past three weeks. First, in the hospital with me he slept in that oh so uncomfy chair for 4 nights! Not to mention put up with all the nurses coming in at odd hours to do weird things to me....like weigh me at 6:55 am to come back in 10 minutes later (once we dozed off again) and tell me she weighed me in kilograms and has to reweigh me. I was wondering why I weighed so little, I was sad when she reweighed me. I was happy with the kilogram number! However, back to Bryan. Once we got home he had everything all planned out. He put me on the couch, started tidying up the house and taking care of the puppies who were dying for attention after not seeing us for a week. (My mom and brother kept them, thank you so much for your help with everything so last minute!) Once the house was looking nice he ran to the store and grabbed a few things to make dinners. That night we had the most delicious bbq chicken, asparagus and roasted cauliflower. That is just a few hours out of the past 3 weeks, Bryan has truly turned into super Dad.

I can't wait until this bed rest and medication every 6 hours is over. I always heard the last trimester went by as slow as the first. Adding the many hours of idle time I have each day really makes for a long 3rd trimester for sure. You can only read so many books, watch so much tv and do so many word finds before you just want to go crazy. I am trying to make the best of the quiet time I have since it definitely won't last.

We have the nursery set up finally! It looks like a little ones room now. It is so cute! My brother and sister-n-law gave us the cutest little crib bedding with all the colors. It is the sweetest little pattern. We received quite a bit of grief for not knowing the sex of the baby. Regardless, it has worked out just perfectly! I don't regret one bit not knowing. It is going to be so fun to meet the little one for the first time and see what he/she is. As far as colors, you will be surprised at how many colors there are besides pink and blue. :o) We just bought a new camera so there will be pictures soon of the nursery.

Well, I need to get a little work done. Business has been abundant in the real estate world and I am so blessed to have agents in my office to help me list and show homes for clients. My job is pretty great. :o)

Happy Wednesday!
ashley

No comments: