Monday, May 5, 2008

Last week on bed rest????

Could this be the last week on bed rest? We will find out Thursday. :o) My gracious, it sure was nice to lay around for about 24 hours, then it actually got pretty boring. Everyone keeps telling me I better rest up for the big event....the baby gets here and you won't sleep at all. I am not quite sure how to save my sleep. I am not getting any more than the usual 7-8 hours and by golly my poor body needs that now. How do I save the rest, IF I get more than 8 hours? Is there some way to bottle it up or pack it away for when the baby gets here that I am unaware of??? The funny thing is, I have been so excited to get off bed rest to get out and about and get some last minute things done but I am getting more and more worn down. It takes all I have in me to get through the day and that's just normal moving around. I am so uncomfortable these days! So I am not sure how much energy I will have if I was to get off bed rest. We shall see! :o)

Owww....I know this little one likes to park his/her rear end in my right-side ribs. Sheesh! Sitting and standing are quite painful when this is going on.

My mom and I realized yesterday that I do not have bottles yet. What in the world was I (I mean Bryan and I) thinking?? Unprepared much, Ash? So that will be my first trip out in awhile, to babys r us to get bottles and .....? I am sure there is something else important I forgot. We at least have a car seat to bring the baby home in. Thanks to my great friends Emily, Sara and Hollie (and their hubby's/fiances!) Where as before when we went into pre-term labor we had nothing. No car seat, no nursery, no diapers, nothing. Bryan was calling friends from the hospital lining up car seat borrowing. Wow, we are going to be parents....does that concern anyone but me?? :o)

Bryan just posted his blog on his garden. How exciting! It is our first garden. It is a good thing he is growing our food since the baby will be quite costly. Any suggestions on recipes using tomatoes, basil, oregano, and peppers....only? Basil sandwich anyone? Just kidding! I am so excited about Bryan's garden. I am so thankful he has a green thumb like his daddy. Hopefully our little one takes after him and not me in the outside growing department. I kill plastic plants, so it is quite pitiful.

Well I hope everyone has a great night.
Happy Sleeping!

No comments: